Let’s talk about “Pallets shipping” this month.
When the package length is over 108 inch and the weight is over 150Lb, it must be shipped by LTL, not small parcel shipping. Truck service can be roughly divided into the following three categories according to the number of pallets (40*48 inch pallets):
1. LTL (less-than-truckload): The number of pallets is 1-5 or 1-6 boards, which may vary according to the freight company.
2. LTL- volume freight: The number of pallets is more than 5, but less than one truck.
3. FTL (Full truckload): 26 pallets (53ft truck), 12 pallets (26ft truck).
According to the above categories, the carriers calculate the price differently. In order to ensure to get the correct quote and shipping smoothly. We sort out the notes as follows:
1. LTL quote on our shipping platform is for 1-5 pallets. For quoting for more than 5 pallets, volume freight quote is required. You may send your freight information to your specialist for quoting. After quote is ready, if you agree with the price, we will generate the BOL for you, and the BOL will be in your account for you to track the shipping status.
2. For FTL quote, you may send your freight information to your specialist for quote. If you agree with the price, we will generate a BOL for you, and the BOL will be in your account for you to track the shipping status.
3. Over-length and overweight shipments may need to be transported by FTL and may require special quote. (Each shipping company on the platform has a different definition of Over-length and overweight shipments)
4. For cross-border shipments, such as Canada, Mexico import and export, the freight company does not include customs clearance; you will need to find a customs broker to do the custom clearance.
5. LTL shipments need to be placed on the pallet, or have a wooden box that can be lifted by a forklift truck.
6. If the receiver located in a non commercial delivery site, such as a large shopping mall, a warehouse that requires an appointment to enter, airport church, etc., in the recipient's part, you will need to specify it (there are options to choose from on the platform) to get a correct quote.
7. When the recipient receives the goods, if they use the services that were not added when making the BOL, such as asking the driver to help move in, asking the driver to deliver the goods at a specific time, etc. These are additional services and there will be a re-bill to you. If you want to avoid these situations, you may communicate clearly with the recipient first.
8. Packaging: When you use LTL, the goods will need to be picked up and dropped off at different stations, on and off the trucks and trains to the destination, so it is very important to pack your goods well.
9. When using LTL to send the goods to the Amazon warehouse, you need to purchase the delivery make an appointment service, and the carriers will help you make an appointment with the Amazon warehouse. For FTL ship to Amazon warehouse, the Amazon sellers will need to make an appointment with Amazon by themselves. And then tell the carrier when the shipment need to be delivered to Amazon warehouse, the carrier will arrange the pickup time and deliver it at the scheduled time. All of the above need to have Amazon's order ID and Reference number to ship to Amazon warehouse.
10. Most of the truck drivers deliver shipments in the morning, so we suggest you set up your shipment pick up time in the afternoon.
Thank you for reading
Shipping platform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYI8w0vNQc